The Gang's All Here

When Phil put George in his crate on Friday, that cat must have been convinced he was being put on another plane. We let him out in the house and he slinked around very slowly, smelling everything with a very concerned look on his face. He relaxed more as he started smelling familiar things from his old house, and clearly he wasn't too tramatized because 15 minutes later he had found a nice sunny patch on the quilt I'm working on and started taking a nap. He has been extremely cuddly and has been following us around the house.
Maybe was super excited to leave quarantine. When we got in the car she immediately sat in the seat on the right. We're trying to teach her that she now sits on the left, but this clearly confuses her. When we brought her home George greeted us at the door, and Maybe enthusiastically gave him a thorough inspection. Then she went running from room to room trying to figure out what was going on. She had a big smile on her face when we let her outside to explore the backyard. She was up all day yesterday trying to take everything in (she normally sleeps most of the day). We certainly didn't need the heater on last night - between those two furry beasts cuddling against me it felt like I was wearing a very warm fur coat. This morning when I woke up I tried to go back to sleep, but between the two of them constantly nudging my hands to scratch them it proved to be impossible. I opened up the blinds in the guest bedroom and they both sat there watching the morning bird show. They were quite impressed.
It's good to have the whole family here. It's been a long 7 months of chaos, and besides the insurance claims for moving damage, I think we are finally done. We are all looking forward to settling in to our new house and new city. But for now, it's time for me to get packed and ready for the next adventure. I fly to Brisbane tonight, then on to Papua New Guinea tomorrow. Stay tuned for some interesting pictures when I return! Here's a picture of my new outfit for the trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baw Baw Blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Missy and Emily's Tassie Trip - Launceston