O Canada!

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


At least once a month someone accuses us of being Canadian.  This never fails to amuse us.  We have a couple theories on this - my theory is that immigrant Canadians are far more common than immigrant Americans.  As many people as there are living in the states, you'd think there would be more around in the world.  Phil's theory is they guess Canada because we're nice - usually people assume that Americans are rude.  It could just be that they are trying to be polite - imagine being from another country and being accused of being an American!

Just the other day I took my sewing machine in for repair and the guy asked where my accent was from.  My first reaction was what accent, you're the one with an accent!  Then he guessed Canada, and of course I laughed.  To us it's quite obvious we aren't Canadian!  But I guess it's like us thinking the Australian and New Zealand accents are the same.  Now that I'm more used to the sounds, there is a huge different between an Australian cayek and New Zealand kehk.  In the US, we just eat cake.  And those silly Canadians, they eat cake too, eh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baw Baw Blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Missy and Emily's Tassie Trip - Freycinet National Park