My Prom Date

Yesterday the high was 15 degrees, and when I stood in the sun just so, I could almost convince myself that spring is near.  So Phil and I decided to try our luck today and drove out Wilson's Promontory (the Prom), the southern-most point of mainland Australia. 

Of course, the sun was hiding behind thick fog that turned into rain and made for a soggy drive.  But we persisted and it finally burned off, leaving us with a beautiful day to explore some gorgeous scenery.  Several beaches, a nice long hike, and a stop at a winery for a drop and some cheese made for a great day - here are a few snaps of our day-

Tidal River
Squeaky Beach
View from the vineyard
The happy explorers
Emu tracks on the beach!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Baw Baw Blog

Missy and Emily's Tassie Trip - Freycinet National Park