Lemonade

This week I was the lucky recipient of a flu virus.  Gotta love the headaches, shivers, sweats, and expulsions that come with a bug, plus how you lay around for so long that at some point even laying around starts hurting.  But no one cares, that's hardly the interesting part.

Once I started feeling better I knew I needed to eat, and the two things I could actually stomach were Sprite and Saltine crackers.  Too bad they don't sell saltines here.  I've found some vaguely similar crackers that sort of look like bigger saltines, but they don't have that same satisfying salty nothing taste I crave when I'm not feeling well.  So I had to make do with toast.  Really not the same, though it was amusing to hear Phil ask me if we even have a toaster.  Yes dear, it's that shiny metal thing with the two slots and the crumpet setting, duh! :)

The sprite problem was easier to solve because I had bought a bottle of Lemonade awhile ago - apparently that's what one makes scones (pronounced scons) with.  I had forgotten about it, but upon wanting some sprite remembered seeing a green bottle in the pantry.  Fortunately it was close enough, basically it tasted like flight sprite which was exactly what I needed.  When I ventured downstairs for a refill to discover I was drinking "lemonade" I was amused.

If there is one good thing about being sick it's the company I find surrounding me.  Three silly little animals all on the one bed trying to cuddle and make me feel better.  Even at my worst it's hard not to find relief in that.  Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up all better, just in time to enjoy the last weekend of calm before the several weeks of chaos to follow.

Not quite the comforting face you were picturing, is it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baw Baw Blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Missy and Emily's Tassie Trip - Freycinet National Park